The college visualizes a future where women empowerment is no more a goal but a reality. Assurance of justice and equity in society to women by extending academic, financial, emotional and moral support is the focal point of the vision of the institution.
KCW promises its stakeholders an opportunity to advance physically, mentally and spiritually in triadic harmony concordant with the tenet of the Khalsa, surrender the self to the community, enshrined in the college motto “Sarbat da Bhala”, the welfare of all. Women from all sections of society enter the portals of this institution which provides them with the opportunity to flourish and to attain their full potential. The mission of the institute is to direct the mind of the young generation so as to engage in the task of nation building. Its aim is to provide the nation with an honest, hardworking and dedicated workforce. It seeks to bring about a change in society’s attitude towards women by inculcating confidence in them regarding their own potential as an economically independent workforce and equal partner in social transformation. To this end, the College’s mission statement is set out in form of definite tasks which defines the College’s distinctive characteristics in terms of addressing the students it seeks to serve, the institution’s traditions and value orientations, the needs of society and its course for the future. The mission is dynamic and its tasks are defined and periodically reviewed to meet the challenges and opportunities of changing times.
The Objectives of the College are stated in the tasks of the Mission. The College seeks to inculcate through its programs:
- Belief in self as a woman by empowering them.
- To provide for academic excellence.
- To inculcate the value of discipline in the students.
- To provide an excellent infrastructure.
- To ensure that girls have the social and technical skills needed for living and working in the modern world and are flexible in their approach to careers.
- Holistic development through promotion of participation in curricular and co-curricular activities beyond their curriculum.
- To sensitize values of citizenship through civic sense, public conduct, leadership, rights and responsibilities.
- To stimulate respect and sensitivity for the others through exposure to cultural diversity, languages and human rights.